Celebrities Behaving Badly



In today's modern day society I think people still look up to celebrities such as Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Kanye West, because they consider them as their idols. But the real question is, why look up to them when they've done something bad? I feel that when overlooking their favourite celebrities, true fans will obviously look past those flaws. Since I was never really a big fan of Justin, Kanye and all the other artists who may have gone into some trouble, I cannot relate to their situation. However, if I were in their shoes, I would probably say that these artists have been successful their whole lives and that doing one wrong thing is human and cannot make me change their view on them.

On the other hand however, why are these celebrities not getting the same treatment they are as regular people who commit the crime? I honestly do not care who they may be or what position they have on our society, but if they do something wrong they need to pay the price of the crime committed what ever it may be. In my opinion I feel that they won't even serve jail time since they maybe have all the money in the world to bail them out. I'm not saying that they should be punished more than regular people on the streets but I am definitely saying that they should be treated just and equally as everyone else.

I really think that celebrities behaving badly is very overrated, and almost too much the media focuses on more than anything else if it does happen. For e.g when Justin Bieber was interviewed by the police the media, news and celebrity gossip channels couldn't get enough over them. I mean really? They too are normal people and if anything they get even more popular for going to jail or doing anything bad. It's disturbing to think that sometimes our society mainly focuses on people such as celebrities and that they get special treatment. Bottom line is, if you do something bad you gotta pay the price and own up to it just like anyone else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment