Is the Internet fully Trustworthy?

Nobody can really trust the internet nowadays. with that terrible post thats been going around about world poverty being solved in that math equation, is terribly embarrasing not only that yet rather offensive to those you may be in poverty and who are less fortunate. Spreading around false information we see on the internet is definitley a bad thing but most especially if you got this information off if the internet! The internet is full of lies and rather yet is one of the most scariest things to discover because many of us use it for the majority of our day!

 

To avoid falling into this trap of spreading around false information to the world, I rarley do not hop onto the bandwagon of sharing, commenting, and posting on my own social media. If anything, it is the main posters fault for starting the post of false info. I only use my twitter for example just to view what people are posting about their lives but not for me to post anything (usually). Whenever I do stumble upon false information, we obviously will not know it yet because the internet wants us to think it is true! But if I feel something looks suspicious, I usually, ask my friends, and wait a few days to verify if it is true or not. I also think to myself first if it is reasonable or not, and really think if this would make sense in reality. 

This can also be a bad thing for students because as we use the internet on a daily basis, we could be using untrustworthy websites. on the other hand though, we have been taught by teachers how to find reliable sources. With that being said, all we need to know is how to handle the internet and how to deal with reliable ones and the not so reliable ones. we just need to think smart for our selves and just to be smart around things like new information on social media especially. 




No comments:

Post a Comment